Diabetes is a condition in which sugar (glucose) remains in the blood rather than entering the body's cells to be used for energy. This results in high blood sugar. Over time, high blood sugar can damage many body systems.
Diabetes is treated with healthy eating, lifestyle changes, and medicines. If blood sugar levels are kept within the recommended range, the risk for many complications from diabetes decreases.
Tools and resources
- Managing Diabetes: Hypoglycemia (Video)
- Managing Diabetes: Hyperglycemia (Video)
- Managing Diabetes: How to Manage Sick Days (Video)
- Food Guide for Diabetes — The Plate Method (PDF)
- Managing your Diabetes Patient Brochure (color) | (vision-impaired)
We've got you covered
Whether you're relocating, looking for specialty care, or just seeing who's in your neighborhood, we've got quality care close to home.