(high blood pressure)
Blood pressure normally rises and falls throughout the day, but it can damage your heart and cause health problems if it stays high for a long time. Hypertension is the term used for blood pressure that is higher than normal.
When you take care of your blood pressure, you’re taking care of your whole body so that you can stay healthy and do more of the things you want to do. Having hypertension puts you at risk for heart disease and stroke, which are leading causes of death in the U.S. Hypertension can be managed with lifestyle changes and medicine.
Tools and resources
- How to measure your blood pressure (PDF)
- Interactive blood pressure log (PDF)
- MyChart Device Installation for Android (video)
- MyChart Google Fit Setup for Android (video)
- MyChart Data Entry for Android (video)
- Healow Trackers User Guide (PDF)
We've got you covered
Whether you're relocating, looking for specialty care, or just seeing who's in your neighborhood, we've got quality care close to home.